There are five D&W Fresh Market locations in the city of Grand Rapids with several more in the surrounding area. Obviously, we can't get to them all so this is a list, as best as we can keep it up to date, of what you can find. If you are looking for something specific, it's always best to call ahead.
D&W Fresh Market – Knapp’s Crossing
Located on the East Beltline at Knapp Street, this is D&W’s flagship store and so the items you find here are not always available at the other location. Being the flagship, this location tries out new items to see how well they go over, and so it’s important to support them because they are making an awesome effort. Many of these products have spilled over to the other locations (for instance, all locations now carry Bob’s Red Mill nutritional yeast after piloting it here first).
- Daiya Foods– They carry the Daiya yogurt as well as cheese wedges, shreds, and blocks.
- Non-dairy yogurt – They carry Silk and So Delicious brands, but none of the big plain tubs that we like to use for baking. Pro tip: We have started using the So Delicious Greek yogurt in place of heavy whipping cream and it works pretty well in all the recipes we’ve tried!
- Tofutti – They carry sour cream and ice cream sandwiches.
- Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Yeast – A vegan staple.
- Earth Balance – They offer the buttery sticks that we like to use for baking and buttery spread tubs.
- Raw nuts – They carry nuts from Ferris Coffee & Nut Company, including some other brands. You can find raw cashews, sunflowers, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and more.
- Non-dairy milks – They have all the usual suspects, almond, soy, rice, hemp, and coconut. They also carry So Delicious coffee creamer in the fridge section.
- Light Life – Not everything is vegan so be sure to look. Jon loves the Smart Dogs and faux deli meats. The bacon is pretty good too!
- Follow Your Heart – Vegeneise (original only)
- Nasoya tofu – Our kitchen is worthless without it, especially on the weekend when we crave tofu scramble.
In the back of the store near the wine is an all dairy free case. You will find many of the items mentioned above, plus Teese, Melt brand butter, yogurt, cream cheese, yogurt and more! Definitely check it our when you are there.
D&W Fresh Market – Breton Village – The D&W market at Breton is BY FAR the best D&W location to find vegan groceries. You can find everything mentioned above, and then some! Right behind the produce section is a HUGE section of vegan and gluten-free products. You can find everything all in one location so you don’t have to go pecking around the store.
Latest photos of what's for sale at the Breton Village location:
[custom-facebook-feed album=1139794072725906 albumcols=6 num=100]
Items are always subject to change. We do our best to keep these albums up-to-date, but if you are looking for something specific, it’s always best to call ahead.
**We post items that are known to be vegan, and we have vetted to the best of our ability. Items may have been produced on shared equipment, which is an issue for some, especially for those will allergies. It is absolutely recommended that you always read your own labels.